Monday, May 4, 2009

Where to begin.....

I have come to tell you that my Surrogacy journey has come to an end. After a very long discussion with my husband and my IF's, we have decided that it is best to not continue.

As an update to my last post, I was rushed into Emergency Surgery last Sunday for an Ectopic Pregnancy. Unfortunately, this is one of the risks with IVF - although the embryo from the chemical in March died - my body didn't know how to absorb it so it floated around until it decided to take up home in Left Tube! Thankfully, it aborted itself (a pain I wish on NO ONE!) and was left floating around in my abdomen. .... that's the cole's notes version anyway....

Unfortunately, the surgery made us a little gun-shy... add to that when I got really sick in January (for those not remember, 2 week of hives, plus 4 weeks on hives internally, all with no apparent cause) and had a cancelled cycle....... we are done for now....

My IF's are amazing.. I guess they knew from last week that I wouldn't be going forward (apparently, this is something that is very obvious to everyone except me!) so today's conversation was just a formality! LOL

Good news though is that I already have a surro for them!! There is a woman I've been speaking to for awhile now and she was with a different couple on her own. We had been sharing each other's experiences through emails and being the ear that the other needed.. Things didn't work out for a couple of reasons and she was onto looking for a new couple to help.

She knew all along what was going on with me, but I finally asked her to look at my IF's profile and add them to her decision making....

Over the weekend, she choose them!!!!! I couldn't be more happier to pass the torch onto her! She will make an amazing surrogate and my IF's are amazing so I know she will be taken care of.

And there lives the end of my blog - thank you to my fellow readers.. I will still be following your journies and hope for the best for you!!!

With Love,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment