Friday, February 27, 2009

Doubling Beta????

This will only be a quick update post as it's getting late, but I wanted to make sure I posted this today.

Was again at the clinic for unrelated business (I should probably mention that I do work from the clinic... may get into that a little later) so bribed the nurses to allow me to another beta...

BETA today (10dp3dt) was 2.5 - (anything under 5 is a negative)....

LOL

Before I went in this morning, I had every intention of this cycle being over and asking the nurses how the next protocol would be (long or short).
I did ask them (it will be short) while we were waiting - so at least I knew that after Monday, I would stop meds, get my period and start estrace on Day 2 (transfer 15 days later).

THEN, we get this BETA number of 2.5 - nurses (and doc) are now puzzled and are saying new BETA on Monday since the number doubled...
Anything doubling can be sign of a viable pregnancy........

Way to throw a wrench into it........ LOL

So, i am no further than I was, ... again!!!

this is what I get for being so Impatient....!

AND, I don't know if I should tell my IF's what's going on - they are quite blissfully ignorant thinking I am waiting for our bloodtest on Monday - they have no idea of the other ongoings... nor have I told them though...

any advise from blogland???

4 comments:

  1. so doubling beta means good things, keep positive. Did IF's indicate that they would like to be kept informed if you test early or not? If they wanted t be informed then perhaps you should tell them, that's my advise as and IM, but, if they said that they didn't want to be told then perhaps wait until the beta is closer to 50... hang in there your doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double beta...so maybe baby after all. So do you really 'work' at the clinic or did they just hire you cause your always sneaking in there for beta's...lol. Can't wait to be in your shoes (or should I say maternity clothes) But I still have to wait untill the end of March. Still praying for you and praying for your 100 BETA on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is sill hope!!!
    Can't wait to hear a great beta on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep us posted and we will keep you in our prayers and thoughts!!! Go beta go!!!!

    ReplyDelete