Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 1...

So - here we are... day 1 after first failed cycle... kinda sucks...

but - try to think positive, right?

As most of you know, I have IF's for IP's - they are P & M
They wanted M to go first with his embryos - doesn't matter to me, this was a decision between a couple that has no bearing on me...
~~~ this may be too much info for some people, and I'm not sure how much of this I should really be sharing... but I will edit later if necessary....

to begin, he had 5 embryos. Day of transfer, first 2 (of great quality) didn't make the thaw - arrested shortly after..

they thawed 2 more of good quality - after the thaw, they went to not-so-good quality, hence the chemical.

now he has one - that they grew out to a blast and re-froze... not so great quality on that one either.

P has 8 embryos - mostly great quality.

Original this morning, we were going to transfer one of each... which I think is the most coolest option...

Then the clinic email the guys to tell them that P's embryos are frozen two to a straw - our options are:
1.) transfer only p's embryos
2.) transfer one of each and either destroy the other of p's or grow it out and freeze it
3.) transfer all 3 if we all (me included) are agreed to this.

so you know the entire story:
M's blast is 5cell grade c (best being 8cell grade A)
P's embryos are
8c gr A
8c gr b

IP's are willing to carry on with pregnancy is Triplets take - me too.. would prefer this over a reduction..., but anything higher than triplets, we would have to reduce...

i've always heard the "Only transfer what you are willing to carry"..... and I would definitley don't want a reduction.

I played devil's advocate with M today - it was actually quite cute - he really doesn't want to upset the apple cart and doesn't want to do anything that will offend me (please, are you serious?!?)

So, I asked him if this was 'hypothetically' his pregnancy, would he reduce ? And he said no.... then I said, take my feelings out of the equation... if we are so lucky as to get a positive pregnancy on the next test, and we get to the ultrasound and we see triplets, what is your gut reaction... he said:
OHMYGOD!! I would LOVE it!

I think we were both scared to talk about this huge 'could be' situation.. I'm not sure why, we just were... we had always thought the other one would want to reduce - but neither of us does! LOL

that's about it for today - I really could keep writing, but I'm being called for dinner.. :)

6 comments:

  1. Given the circumstances I would probably transfer 3 as well-especially since it's a frozen transfer.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cyn - that's where I'm leaning too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well all I can say is we were suppose to do 2 on our transfer but ended up doing 3!!!
    I am ok with it and the ducks and I can't wait till the 17 so we can see how many there are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We transferred 3 but, it was explained that the probability of all 3 taking was very very very low, because of quality, and as we worked so hard to get these embryos, we didn't want to not transfer all 3, because we didn't want to loose any embryos, but a hard choice for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey...we are going to be transferring three aswell as far as I know...the IP's and I at first were going to go two but after talking to the DR...we all decided on three...it's only like a 1% chance that all three will take but it ups the chance on atleast one or two sooo...three it is. Will be praying for you. When are you gonna do the transfer aprox. ? do you know ? We think that if all goes as "planned" we'll be doing ours around the end of the Month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So what's happening with you? My GS's blog has gone private but she would like to invite you to her blog, but, you don't have an email contact - so please email me at speculumstories@gmail.com and I will forward it off to K so she can email you an invite.

    ReplyDelete